- About Us
The Colorado Council is comprised of many dedicated individuals throughout the state who give generously of their time and talents to help students achieve their higher educational goals. Without these volunteers, the Council would not exist.
To encourage and reward college-bound youth who likewise are committed to volunteerism and community service, the Council awards $1,500 one-time scholarships to 16 deserving Colorado high school seniors each year to assist with defraying the cost of tuition and fees at one of the Member Institutions.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident and a resident of Colorado for his or her final two years of high school
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at a Colorado Council Member Institutions within six months of graduating from high school
- Applicant must demonstrate significant experience in volunteerism/community service
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale
Applicant will be selected according to the following considerations: volunteerism/community service, extracurricular activities and dedication to others. Selection is based on, but not limited to these criteria.
Please make sure to submit the following required materials:
- A complete application -
- Downloadable below on this page - must be emailed to us by the student.
- An additional document with your essay - to be emailed by the student.
- Two recommendation forms (one from a high school official and the other from someone who knows the applicant through involvement in community service)
- Recommendation form can be accessed below. Please email your recommender the link. The form must come from them directly. This will be verified.
ATTN: Tiffany Anderson
CCHS/CR Scholarships Committee
P.O. Box 718
Denver, CO 80201
- Complete and proofread the full application (including your essay document).
- Email this page's website link to the people from whom you have requested recommendations. Your recommender should submit the form directly.
- Submit all pieces of the application postmarked, submitted or emailed no later than January 31, 2017.
- Award recipients will be notified no later than April 30, 2017.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Note: The Executive Committee of CCHS/CR has the right to change or modify this program in any manner. This award is for a maximum of $1,500 is non-renewable and contingent upon availability of funds.