The Colorado Council on High School/College Relations is a volunteer member organization comprised of Colorado high school counselors and college admission staff who work together to help educate and assist students in achieving their higher educational goals.
Our volunteers provide unique activities and services!
- A comprehensive 200-page Colorado Collegiate Handbook that provides admission and program of study information on all member collegiate institutions
- Over 70 college Day/Night College Fairs at high schools throughout the state each fall attended by representatives from both in-state and out-of-state colleges
- Award $1,500 In-state College Scholarships to eligible high school seniors
- Six Counselor Workshops each fall at area colleges to ensure high school counselors have the most recent admission and financial aid information
- Counselor of the Month recognition, in collaboration with the Colorado Department of Higher Education, identifies and honors local high school counselors who are a model to others in their profession
The Council's regular business is conducted by an elected Executive Committee which consists of a President, Past President, President Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer. In addition, the Committee includes 12 representatives from the following constituencies: one representing the universities, one representing the four-year state colleges, one representing the junior or community colleges, one collegiate representative at-large; and 8 representatives from the secondary schools. The secondary school representatives are elected from each of the seven geographical districts and represent schools in these districts. The eighth representative is selected from the private high school sector in Colorado. Each committee chairperson is a member of the Executive Committee.
Discover how you can get involved with Council!